Shadow's Prey

Sunday, November 30, 2014

This world I cannot spin upon the tips of my fingers.
Out of my control, the seasons come and go:
Icicle tears of Winter chiseling down my cheeks,
Spring rains weathering away things that I once held dear,
The Summer Sun setting ablaze fragments that remain,
and Fall, so deceiving with it's colors,
enchanting hues of burgundy and gold,
constructed to signify change: a new beginning...
All it really means is death.

I can feel the darkness curling around my ankles,
drowning me down into the oh so familiar abyss.
A fool was I to believe I had lost this darkness,
because you can never run from your shadow.
This is not a poem that I have recently written, but what I find strange is that I wrote this on December 3rd, 2013. A year ago I was in this same dark state of mind as I have been feeling lately this year. I wonder if this is something that has always come back during this time every year? This time feels different, though. Rather than curling up in a pathetic ball of hopelessness, I feel as though I'm trying this time. These past two posts may not seem like so, but trust me when I say that I think I'm doing fine handling it this time. I have high hopes.

No comments :

Post a Comment