My Thoughts on Ariana Grande's new album

Monday, August 25, 2014


Ariana Grande's new album My Everything was released today in the states! I tried really hard not to listen to the leaked/released songs, but I just couldn't resist. Although that may have taken away from the surprise of listening to 15 new songs, I am still super excited. I had the released songs on repeat the past few days and now I shall have the entire album on repeat these upcoming days!

I have to say that my least favorite song of the album is Hands On Me (feat. ASAP Ferg). This song just doesn't seem like her. I understand that artists like to try different music styles, but this song just isn't what I'm looking for when thinking "I want to listen to some Ariana Grande!" The lyrics are definitely more explicit compared to Ariana's usual love songs. I guess maybe she's trying to venture more into the sexual music that is really popular today, and I'm not saying that I hate it, but I know this will be her least listened song from me.

There are so many songs that I really enjoy on the album though! It's so hard to pick a favorite, so I'll just list the top five ones I'm just in LOVE with:

  1. One Last Time
  2. Be My Baby (feat. Cashmere Cat)
  3. Why Try
  4. Only 1
  5. You Don't Know Me
This album overall feels like Ariana Grande stayed true to her style, but at the same time I feel like it's different. It's hard for me to put it into words. There is more bass, electronic sounds, and a more pronounced beat compared to Yours Truly which had a lot of piano, violin, and simple beats. My Everything actually doesn't have any songs with violin in it (sadly, because that was one of my favorite aspects of Yours Truly). BUT I still am extremely happy with this album!


No comments :

Post a Comment