Once Upon A Time

Friday, October 3, 2014

Oh, how she believed she had it all,
when everything she had was far from that.
It was what she thought was the best it could get
in a world where she was told fairy tales couldn't exist.

She was told that the sparks and the fireworks weren't real
in this world that was known as "reality".
She reminded herself to not waste time on dreams,
for "Time spent on dreams is time wasted."

Then once upon a time, a boy came into her life,
and everything stated to change.
She didn't understand his familiarity,
until she realized he was the prince from her dreams.

With him she felt her cheeks kissed by roses,
and the warmth of the sun tickled her skin.
The Prince of the Rising Sun opened her eyes to the world
in all its shining, shimmering, splendid.

With rain drop kisses and moonlight dances,
you would never guess that their love was forbidden.
It was them against them all, well; they all could have that world,
for a whole new world they would create together.

So the clock struck midnight and the moon shined bright above,
painting shades of blue upon both their faces.
In that moment time had stopped, or perhaps time had just started,
because at last he was hers and she was his.

So my Prince, it is because of you that I believe in true wonder;
for three years now you have proven it true.
I have loved every moment since the first, till the last,
because, love, my happily ever after is with you.


Because I got Thai a watch for our three year anniversary, it inspired me to make a poem to go along with it. The phrase "Once Upon A Time" came to mind, and this is what was created from that! He has told me before that his name means Prince of the Rising Sun, which fits him perfectly because he is the light of my life ♥, so I decided to also incorporate the meaning of his name into the poem. There are some references to Disney movies because I'm obsessed. It doesn't have a sort of rhyme sequence or even a constant rhythm, but I wanted to make it more about the story than trying to make it sound perfect. On October 2nd, 2011, Thai asked me to be his girlfriend under moonlight. This is the story of the beginning of our fairy tale.

No comments :

Post a Comment