Growing Out My Pixie Cut: 1 Month

Monday, January 26, 2015

Back in May 2014, I made the first big chop on my hair. After having long, curly locks for all of my life, this chop made me feel as though I finally looked like myselflike my hair finally fit me. For the months following, I absolutely loved having short hair and would constantly get trims to keep it that way. On December 20th, 2014, I cut my hair to the shortest it has ever been, and most likely the shortest I would ever go. I believe it was short enough to be classified as a (long) pixie cut. I have never regretted cutting my hair, but now that I have gone the shortest I would possibly go, I feel as though there's nothing more to do. So now it's time for a change. And that change is to start growing my hair out! 

I decided that it would be nice to post the progress of my hair growth on my blog. I didn't have a picture from the back of my head for when I first got it cut, so I just used one that I believed would suffice. I'll make sure that the pictures I take in the future will be from consistent angles.



I'm really happy with how much my hair has grown out in only one month! Unfortunately I feel as though I've already reached the "awkward length" of growing out a pixie cut. I have absolutely no idea what to do with it. It looks nice in the top 1 month picture, but most of the time it looks like an awkward mullet! I especially have no clue what to do with it when it comes to fixing it to for an activity like rock climbing or tennis. What I've been doing is a sort of half pony tail, but even that looks ridiculous because it looks like a little nub of hair sticking out of the back of my head. But there's nothing I can do except to pull through this awkward length!


I've been using Mane 'n Tail ever since I cut my hair on December 20th. Mane n' Tail is a product that was made for horses but many people buy it as well. (Don't worry, they have it in the normal shampoo and conditioner isle). This brand claims to strengthen your hair to reduce breakage. It doesn't claim to help hair grow faster, but a lot of people have recommended this brand when trying to grow out your hair. I guess in the process of strengthening your hair, it also allows your hair to grow to its fullest potential rather than breaking off or splitting. I'm not sure if my hair growth progress is due to this shampoo and conditioner, but this is what I've been using!

Any suggestions for hairstyles at this awkward length? Or have any of you guys tried any products to speed up your hair growth? I'd love to know! 

No comments :

Post a Comment