Together Let's...Go Rock Climbing!

Saturday, January 24, 2015

This is my first official post from my "Together Let's..." series!  In the beginning of our relationship, Thai and I came up with a list of things we want to do together, called "Together Let's...". We were always adding new adventures to do together, but with me being a full time student and part time employee and Thai being a full time employee, it always seemed like we never had the time to start crossing things off of this list. This year will be different. To me, quality time in a relationship is vital, so I want to make sure that we set aside time to spend together, no matter how small or extreme that activity may be. These posts will document things that my Thai and I do together, whether that be experiencing completely new and crazy things together to simply cooking a nice dinner in the comfort of our home together. 


The first thing we decided to do was go rock climbing! Now, let me tell you that I have never done this before in my life. I underestimated just how hard it would be. Rock climbing requires you to have a good amount of upper body strength, and the amount that I have is pathetic to none. I always knew that I was afraid of heights, but rock climbing made me realize just how bad my fear actually is. It's not like leaning against the railing of a bridge or looking down from a tall building, because with rock climbing, you have only your own strength to rely on. Because of this fear, I was only able to reach about 2/3 of the wall up once without my legs shaking, my hands getting sweaty, and just becoming overwhelmed with anxiety. Seeing the kids on the walls around me climb with ease...well, it made me feel pretty defeated to say the least. I'm sure I looked pretty pathetic while freaking out and only being about half way up the wall. Thai, on the other hand, was absolutely amazing! He reached the top almost every single time and didn't seem scared at all! Our hands and arms are so sore after doing this. But I could tell that he really enjoyed it, and despite all of my failures, I also had an amazing time and want to go again to try and get better!

No comments :

Post a Comment